Monday, July 29, 2013

7/29/2013 Comments

Pending home sales pull back in June as rates rise

Contracts to purchase previously owned U.S. homes fell in June, retreating from a more than six-year high touched the prior month, suggesting rising mortgage rates were starting to dampen home sales.
While this sounds negative, as someone mentioned in the comments, the headline could read "Compared to last year contracts were up 10.9 percent, despite higher rates."  Then again, I might read that as being just a bit overly positive.  Yes, it's more than last year; but perhaps the more important fact is that it is down from the previous month.

Are Stocks Heading for a 1987-Style Crash?

Enjoy your summer.
Thanks, I will, although I think that ending line was meant to be somewhat ominous.  It might have been if the article had actually pointed out some reasons why we might be heading toward a 1987-style crash other than "the market went up a lot."  But, you know, these days it's all about quantity, which is why I'm not very successful.  I try to produce a quality product knowing that in the short run I could do better focusing on quantity.

I've fallen behind on my coverage, so here are some recent stories for stocks I'm covering.  I'll be working on getting more articles written on these and other stocks in the coming weeks.

Harley-Davidson Posts Second-Quarter 2013 Earnings, Revenue And Retail Motorcycle Sales Growth 


Arrow Reports $5.2 Million Profit, Solid Second Quarter Results


Finish Line Declares Quarterly Cash Dividend

Stanley Furniture Company Announces Second Quarter 2013 Operating Results 


No comments: